How to Sleep Better - Back Pain, Colds, Pregnant, Kids, Hot Flashes
Which 'How to Sleep Better' tips work best? 231 real peoples' answers for sleeping with back pain, a cold, depression, while pregnant, tips for kids and hot flashes.
Memory Foam Maniac held an internet contest to collect sleep tips that really work from real people. People submitted hundreds of useful and creative tips for holding off insomnia ranging from taking melatonin or tryptophan, and relaxation techniques to wearing socks to keep your feet warm!
There were so many responses that we decided to break them up into separate articles for you which we'll be posting throughout this week. The complete list is below.
- Sleeping Better with Back Pain
- Get A Good Night's Sleep With a Cold
- Sleeping Tips While Pregnant
- Better Sleep Tips for Kids
- Sleeping Better With Depression or Anxiety
- Sleeping with Hot Flashes
- Sleep Better - Best Natural Sleep Aids
How to Sleep Better With Back Pain
Almost 10% of our contributors mentioned getting a new mattress helped their back pain and made it easier to sleep. Several said that old ones can hurt your back which hurts your sleep. Check out the Memory Foam Maniac's picks for Best Mattresses for the best memory foam beds for your budget (and your back).
Others thought that sleeping on a memory foam pad made all the difference in their back pain. One said specifically that, "Pillow top or memory foam toppers have always helped me get a better night's sleep."
The Bestselling Memory Foam Topper
Sleep Studio 2-Inch ViscO2 Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars
Over 65% of buyers gave it the highest rating possible.
There's many reasons why this memory foam pad is the top bestseller on Amazon. First, this pad has the perfect thickness and density to soften a too firm mattress. It also eases pain in shoulders and hips for side sleepers.
Unlike some others, the 'new memory foam' smell goes away rapidly. Most unusually, many buyers report that the smell is not unpleasant, it's sort of minty. And finally, almost all agree that the very low price point was one of the key reasons for buying this memory foam topper.
This is a great memory foam mattress topper and it is no surprise that it is the top bestseller on Amazon.
Other suggestions for how to sleep better at night with back pain:
- "A pillow under the knees helps the back and is more comfortable"
- Four people said sleep on your side. As one woman put it,"Sleeping on your side is more efficient then sleeping on your belly for example. Sleeping on your belly can cause back pain in future years."
- "I have chronic pain and find that I sleep better when I do the following: My bathtub is actually a whirlpool tub and I get in it every night for an hour just before bed. I also add lavender scent oil that is very relaxing."
- "Tylenol PM !! Horrible, I know..."
- "Take a naproxyn tablet and sleep on your side"
- "Midol PM works if your back hurts and you need to sleep"
What works for you when you want to sleep better with back pain? Leave a comment and please LIKE this page on Facebook. Sleep is so important to good health and we'd like to spread good sleep tips around. That way more people are healthy and happy and that just makes for a better world. Don't you agree?
If you liked this you might also be interested in how to sleep better if..
- You've Got A Cold
- You're Pregnant
- Your Kids Are Keeping You Awake
- You're Depressed or Anxious
- You've Got Hot Flashes
- You're Depressed or Anxious
- You want to know the Best Sleep Aids so you don't have to read any more articles on how to sleep better!